Marsha E. Shruntz
Candidate, Board of Supervisors, District 5, Independent
||About Marsha Shruntz|
- 69 years old
- I'm not a career politician.
- 20+ year resident of Shenandoah County
- Attended James Madison High School and Blue Ridge Community College (Weyers Cave, VA)
- Holds a Class A CDL License
- Retired from Frederick County School Transportation after 15 years.
- Lives near Mt. Olive on 100 acre farm
- Married to Chris Shruntz (20+ years)
- Mother, grandmother, great-grandmother
- Address: 499 Amos Lane, Strasburg, VA 22657
- Telephone: (540) 465-3928
- Email: SHRUNTZ@SHENTEL.NET
I have stayed very close to home my whole life, caring for elderly family members. I have been power of attorney and executrix for four elderly family members trusted with their care and financial well being.
Marsha Shruntz on the issues
- My political views are conservative in principle.
- I will not vote to raise taxes.
- I will continue to work hard on the county budget and go line by line to control spending.
- The previous four years had been a “build-spend- higher tax increase” nightmare ( without our vote). We had no voice, no referendum on our ballot to vote against an 89 million dollar regional jail. This facility continues to cost Shenandoah County $2.5 Million per year.
- My opponent has a “roughshod” mind set against taxpayers, seniors and small business.
It does not take years and years of experience to sit on the board and vote to raise taxes and yes to 30 years of bond debt.
- I want to continue to bring back our constitutional right to vote by referendum.
“NO MORE MORAL OBLIGATION BONDS AGAINST SHENANDOAH COUNTY,
NO MORE LEASE TO OWN PROJECTS”.
- I researched the consultants hired to do the SCPS "long-term facilities study" and warned that they had a propensity to recommend closing schools and building new ones, regardless of school population. I believe that dismantling the "campus" configuration of our schools will damage both the education of children and the communities in which they are located.
- I had formed a 5th district citizen’s oversight committee regarding the future/potential economic development of the Toms Brook Industrial Park at 1-81 and Mt. Olive road. This 224 acre property has a very controversial history and deserves our attention. My opponent, Dennis Morris tried to put the RSW jail there. Morris in the end voted against the RSW jail only because he knew all other Board members would vote ”yes”. This parcel will need a water tower and has Civil War Battlefield history. Does Toms Brook have a Comprehensive Plan? If so, where is it located?
RE-ELECT MARSHA SHRUNTZ |
District 5 Board of Supervisors
- to keep honesty in the 5th district.
- to work hard for economic development, small business, seniors on fixed incomes and the farming community.
- Shenandoah Co. ranks 5th in VA. in farming and agriculture. We have to stay true to the intent of the comprehensive plan.
- for reduced/smaller county government.
- Respect our Sheriff and all Fire and Rescue personal as they are the backbone of service to all of us. May God protect them.